Southern California Regional Rail Authority d/b/a Metrolink Trains (“Sponsor”) SOCAL Explorer Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. By reviewing these Terms and Conditions, clicking "I Agree" on the registration page, and participating, you (or your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of 18, or 19 if an AL or NE resident) agree to the following rules governing the SOCAL Explorer Program.
A. Overview of the SOCAL Explorer Rewards Program
The SOCAL Explorer Program (the "Program ") is a Rewards program for participating users to earn rewards (“Rewards”) when they purchase tickets to ride the Sponsor’s Metrolink Trains. The Program is subject to these terms and conditions, which are final and binding (“Terms and Conditions ”).
The Program is open to legal residents of 50 United States and District of Columbia, who are 16 years of age or older at the time of registration who ride Metrolink. The Program is void outside of 50 U.S. or D.C, and where prohibited by law.
C. Duration of Program
The Program begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on August 31, 2020 and ends on a future date to be determined by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion (“Rewards Period”). Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, modify, extend, or cancel the Program, at its sole discretion, at any time.
D. Registering for the Program
Persons who meet the eligibility requirements in Section B above may enroll in the Program by logging onto
www.socalexplorer.metrolinktrains.com (the “Website”), completing and submitting a user registration form, including but not limited to creating a password, and the option of adding your social media handles. Upon successful registration, you will receive a confirmation and welcome email message that will link to the Website where you can input your password. Upon inputting your password, you will become a Rewards Member and begin earning points in your Rewards Member account (“Rewards Member Account”). These points will make the Rewards Member eligible to receive rewards. Limit one (1) Rewards Member Account per person, but multiple Rewards Members from the same household are acceptable. Rewards Members must be an individual person. Sharing an account with multiple persons is not allowed. Only Rewards Members can earn Rewards.
Rewards Members should promptly notify the Sponsor of any changes to personal information such as name, address, mobile phone number and email address by visiting the Website, and going into the account settings tab to make any necessary updates. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel any account for which it has incomplete, inaccurate, false or fictitious personal information. This will result in any Rewards or Rewards points earned being forfeited.
E. Earning Rewards
There are three (3) ways to earn Rewards points:
- Rewards Members who purchase a paper ticket on Metrolink Trains during the Rewards Period (no past purchases will be accepted) may take a photograph (“Photo”) of their validly purchased ticket, go to their Rewards Member Account on the Website, and upload the Photo where indicated on the Website. The Website will then automatically calculate the number of rewards points (“Points”) earned for each ticket purchased.
- Rewards Members who purchase a mobile ticket through the Metrolink Mobile app (the “App”) and use the same email address to purchase the mobile ticket via the App as they used to register their Rewards Member Account will automatically earn Points for each ticket purchased.
- Rewards Members may also earn surprise points for a variety of actions, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. For example, upon completing the registration, on a Rewards Member birthday, etc. The amount of Points to be awarded will vary at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Points that are earned will automatically be credited to each Rewards Member’s Account. Once points are redeemed, those Points will be removed from the users Account. Rewards Members may not combine, transfer or sell Points accrued in Rewards Member’s Account to any other person. Any attempt to combine, transfer or sell Points accrued in Rewards Member’s Account to any other person will result in disqualification from the Program and forfeiture of all Points earned in the Rewards Member’s Account. Sponsor reserves the right to take any action it deems appropriate in its sole discretion in the event that it believes, in its sole discretion, that any Rewards Member has violated any of these provisions. Sponsor reserves the right to change, add, or remove the methods by which Rewards Members can earn Points or Rewards.
Points are void if (a) not obtained in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or through legitimate channels; (b) any part of the Reward is counterfeit, altered, defective, tampered with or irregular in any way; or (c) obtained as the result of a sale or transfer which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines is in violation of these Terms and Conditions. The Points for Rewards earned will appear in the Rewards Member’s Available Points Account upon completing any of the ways to earn Points as set forth in (1) (2) or (3) above. There may be instances where there is a delay in Points appearing in the Rewards Member’s Available Points Account.
If a Rewards Member believes that Points were not properly accrued to his/her Account, the Rewards Member must notify Sponsor by calling or texting 800-371-5465 (LINK), within 14 days after submission of proof of purchase. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for any errors or omissions not brought to Sponsor’s attention during the 14-day notice period.
In its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to reverse Points previously credited to Rewards Members' Account, if, upon Sponsor request, earning of such Points cannot be properly verified. Sponsor’s decisions regarding the awarding of Points are final and binding. If Sponsor determines that previously verified Points are invalid for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to remove the applicable Points from the Rewards Member's Account.
F. Point/Rewards Values:
|Points/Rewards||Points Per Mile||Minimum Flat Points Required to Earn Free Ticket|
|Weekend Day Pass||50 points per pass||600|
|5-Day Flex Pass||1||5000|
G. Redeeming Rewards
- Rewards Members can redeem their Rewards Points for free ride tickets on Metrolink Trains.
- Rewards Members can redeem their Rewards Points for merchandise from the Rewards Catalog.
- There are three (3) ways a Rewards Member can redeem their Points:
- Paper Ticket: Rewards Members can choose to redeem their Points for a paper ticket by using a promo code (“Code”). Rewards Members will need to visit the Website, log into their Account, and complete the form to select the type of ticket they wish to purchase using their Points (one-way, round-trip, 7-day, 5-day flex, monthly or weekend day pass) to receive the on-screen Code. A copy of the Code will also be sent to the registered email address of the Rewards Member . Upon receipt of the Code, the Rewards Member can input the Code at any Metrolink ticket machine to receive their redeemed ticket.
- Mobile Ticket: Rewards Members can choose to redeem their Points for a mobile ticket by visiting the Website. Rewards Members will need to log into their Account, and select the type of ticket they wish to purchase using their Points (one-way, round-trip, 7-day, 5-day flex, monthly, or weekend day pass), then select an Origin/Destination City Pair. Once confirmed, the Website will “push” the chosen ticket to their Mobile App wallet to redeem. If the Rewards Member email address does not match the email address associated with their Mobile App, they will receive an error message and the Mobile Ticket transaction will not be completed.
- Rewards Catalog: Rewards Members can choose to redeem their Points for merchandise in the Rewards Catalog found on the Website. In order to redeem Rewards Points, Rewards Members need to log into their account and select the desired item for redemption. Once claimed, a confirmation email will be sent to the registered email address of the Rewards Member. Rewards Members may also be required to provide additional information in order to claim specific merchandise.
Rewards catalog merchandise is backed by a 30-day return policy. While it is not
possible to return merchandise to receive cash back, Rewards Members may return
merchandise purchased and receive Rewards Points credit back on their Rewards
Account used for the purchase within 30 days of item shipment.
- All Rewards Catalog merchandise are subject to availability and may be altered, amended, substituted or withdrawn at any time.
- Sponsor reserves the right at any time to reject any Rewards Catalog item or to terminate a Rewards Member’s participation in the Program or a Rewards Member’s Rewards Account if the Sponsors are of the opinion that the Rewards Account has been altered or otherwise tampered with in any manner. The Sponsor may take whatever action they consider appropriate if they have reason to believe that a Rewards Member has/is abusing the Program in any manner or acting in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Some merchandise in the Rewards Catalog provide a manufacturer's warranty. Items with a manufacturer’s warranty are indicated by “Warranted Product” in the merchandise description. For defective items contact the manufacturer for repairs or replacement. Some manufacturers e.g. Apple will not allow returns but will provide exceptional warranty service. In these cases, the Rewards Member will receive instruction on how to obtain warranty service.
- Any item received damaged must be reported to Rewards Customer Service by email at email@example.com or by calling (678) 718-1853 and must include your Rewards Member email, the item received, and the issue with the item. For items that are received damaged, recipients must notify Customer Service within 48-hours of delivery. For items that become defective within 30 days of receipt, customer service will provide a replacement. For items that become defective after 30 days of receipt, customer service will provide a ‘proof of purchase’ so the item can be serviced under the manufacturer warranty.
- A Rewards Member must have the minimum required number of Points as listed in Section F above in order to redeem Points for a free ticket. No discounts on tickets will be permitted. Once a Code is sent or the chosen ticket is sent to the Mobile App wallet, it is non-refundable and will not be returned to the Rewards Member’s Account, even if the free ticket is not used. All Rewards redemptions are final. Refunds, exchanges and other issues regarding free tickets redeemed are not the responsibility of Sponsor.
- A Rewards Member must have the minimum required number of Points as listed in Section F above in order to redeem Points for merchandise. Inquiries around refunds, exchanges and other issues regarding merchandise should be directed to Rewards Customer Service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (678) 718-1853.
- The Points that have accrued in an Account have no cash value, are not transferable, and are only redeemable for Rewards via the Program as featured on the Website and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions
H. Modifications and Termination of the Program
- Sponsor reserves the right to modify any of the Terms and Conditions set forth herein - including, but not limited to, the duration of the Rewards Period, methods by which Rewards Members may earn Points, the Point/Rewards values, and the number of Points required to earn free tickets.
- Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend the Program at any time, for any reason, with notice, even though termination may affect a Rewards Member's ability to accrue and/or use his/her Points. In the event of a termination, Rewards Members ability to redeem Rewards will cease and any remaining Points will be forfeited in their entirety as of the termination.
I. General Terms and Conditions
- The Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue the participation privileges of any Rewards Member who engages in any fraudulent activity or uses the Program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions or with any federal, state or local, laws, statutes or ordinances. Discontinued participation privileges may result in the loss of all accumulated Points.
In addition, Sponsor shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
- Sponsor reserves the right to rescind Points credited to an Account which were obtained as a result of fraudulent activity, mistake or technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software related to the Program.
- The Program is available to individuals only. Corporations, businesses, charities, associations or other groups may not participate in the Program. It is fraudulent for any individual or company, association, or group to direct, encourage, or allow individuals to use a single Account for the purpose of accumulating Points for combined use.
J. Limitation of Liability
- The Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of information, for problems related to any of the equipment or programming associated with the Program or utilized by Rewards Member, for any human error, for any interruption, deletion, omission, defect, or line failure of any telephone network, cellular network, or electronic transmission, for problems relating to computer equipment, software, inability to access the Website or online service, or for any other technical or non-technical error or malfunction. In the event of a printing error or irregular packaging, neither Southern California Regional Rail Authority d/b/a Metrolink, Brandmovers Inc, nor their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and respective agents and their agencies, suppliers and other companies involved in the development or execution of the Program or the production or distribution of Program materials (“Releasees”) shall have any liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL ANY OF THE RELEASEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PROGRAM OR OFFERED REWARDS THROUGH THE PROGRAM, EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING OR ANY OF THEIR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF THE SPONSOR IMPROPERLY DENIES ANY REWARDS MEMBER ANY POINTS OR REWARDS, LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EQUIVALENT NUMBER OF POINTS OR REWARDS. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, REWARDS MEMBER WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM OR ACTION RELATED TO SUCH MATTERS IN ANY FORUM BEYOND ONE YEAR AFTER THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE KIND OF ACT, EVENT, CONDITION OR OMISSION UPON WHICH THE CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED. Sponsor, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, shareholders, promotion agencies, agents, successors, assigns, and service providers, are not responsible for any products or services offered as a Reward. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, SPONSOR, BRANDMOVERS INC, AND THEIR PROMOTION AGENCIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED OR SOLD BY ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Rewards Members (or their parent/legal guardian, if under the age of 18, or 19 if an AL or NE resident) agree to rely solely on the manufacturer's warranties, if any, for any products redeemed through this Program.
- As a condition of participating in this Program, each Rewards Member (or their parent/legal guardian, if under the age of 18, or 19 if an AL or NE resident) agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Program, or any Rewards obtained through the Program, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class or mass action and exclusively by arbitration under the International Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Arbitration will take place in California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and Rewards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Program, but shall not include attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any Rewards Member be permitted to seek recovery for, and Rewards Member hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of Rewards Member and the Sponsor in connection with the Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Program participants (or their parent/legal guardian, if under the age of 18, or 19 if an AL or NE resident) and Sponsor pertaining to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior or other arrangements, understandings, negotiations and discussions, whether oral or written. No waiver of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed or shall constitute a waiver of any other provisions hereof (whether or not similar), nor shall waiver constitute a continuing waiver unless otherwise expressly provided.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Southern California Regional Rail Authority d/b/a Metrolink Trains
900 Wilshire Blvd, 1500
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Contact Email: email@example.com